APEDA's Online Registration
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is an Export Promotion Council founded by Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Act 1985. With this act coming into effect, APEDA replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
We have covered some of the major initiatives undertaken by APEDA in this article such as – Registration of Exporters through RCMC and how to apply for it online, Financial Assistance Scheme for its members and Measures for Ease of Doing Business, through which it regulates and promotes growth of agricultural and processed food exports.
Objectives of APEDA
The objective behind establishing APEDA was to promote the growth of export of agricultural products (listed below) which have been specified under APEDA Act. It does so through measures such as:-
- Registration of Exporters of APEDA’s products through RCMC Certificate to help them grow their businesses
- Financial assistance to exporters who are members of APEDA via various schemes
- Fixing standards and specifications for the purpose of export
- Carrying out inspection for ensuring the quality of products
- Improving packaging and marketing for better a better product offering in the global market
- Promotion of export-oriented production to increase exports
- Collection and publication of useful statistics
- Conducting trainings to educate exporters about latest practices in the industry
Products under APEDA
An exporter can apply for APEDA’s membership if he supplies any of the following products:-
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Dairy Products
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys
- Guar Gum
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
Online application for RCMC
Go to APEDA Website’s Home Page and click on “Register as Member”
Enter basic details such as IEC Code, Email ID, Mobile Number and submit.
OTP will be sent to Mobile Number and Email ID for authentication.
After the details are verified, exporter has to fill up a form and submit his documents which should be in JPEG, PNG or PDF format. Following documents are required along with the application form: –
- Self-certified copy of Import-Export code issued by DGFT
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities
- In case of an exporter who is a manufacturer a self-attested copy of the registration of the company with the relevant certification agencies (as per the product) must be furnished
After submitting the form and the documents, exporter can proceed to payment of the fees. Registration fees for RCMC is Rs 5900 (Inclusive of GST), and there is online as well as offline payment option.
Post completion of payment an Application Number will be generated which the exporter should note down for future reference to view the status of his application.
The exporter can view the status of his application online by clicking on Track Application.
After the approval of RCMC from APEDA exporter can take the printout of his certificate by logging in with his APEDA credentials and clicking on “View RCMC Certificate” under RCMC Menu.